Another project in the books

I now can show you the end result of the “Barn Door” project.

Hubby Herbert had built one door which I, unfortunately, painted without trying the color on a sample piece. The door turned out way to reddish. We tried to sand it down but that didn’t work. We tried to “change the color” by painting another color above it – didn’t work. 

So in the end Herbert built another door and I was able to find the right color (after trying out a few more colors on sample wood pieces) that goes with our furniture and the fireplace mantel.

When sitting at work and scrolling through Facebook (yeah, yeah – I should work and not look at social media) I saw the pictures my husband just had posted. I’m so happy with the result.

 

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Another project in the books

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.